Does your passion lie in the development of innovative information technologies? Are terms such as Agile, Lean, Cloud and DevOps not foreign to you, but instead part of your mindset? Then become a part of CGI and together we can take our customers to the next level of transformation! We are looking for talents like you to join our Space team and support us in finding creative solutions that allow the Space industry to take steps towards the modern world and modern solutions. In our growing team you will encounter flat hierarchies and can constantly expand your expertise in a dynamic and agile environment.
You will assume responsibility in projects from the initiation through to the successful introduction of cloud solutions both within our and our clients’ companies. In parallel, you will define the system elements and the associated implementation, integration and testing concepts. In addition, as a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for market analysis of standard ICT products/services, legacy system analysis and the creation of migration concepts.
You will be the project manager's first point of contact on technical matters and advise them on the economic success of the project. The following subject areas belong to your range of tasks:
- Trusted Advisor for IT requirements, opportunities and innovation with a focus on the cloud
- Investigation and evaluation of existing and upcoming technologies for utilisation in future solutions
- Development of new innovative technical solutions based on customer requirements and market trends
- Development of the technical transformation roadmaps
- Acting as the Lead Architect/Solution Lead during for offers to our clients’
- Acting as a key technical advisor in discussions with clients’, partners and other teams
- Consulting in complex ICT architectures and solutions
- Creation of blueprint solutions
- (De-)Escalation management within conflict situations
- Acting as a thought leader to junior and intermediate level staff
As a DevOps Engineer, you will act in a cross-function capacity within our teams and hold responsibility for managing and maintaining the cloud infrastructure on which our and our clients’ systems run. Additionally, you will support the project team from a DevOps point of view, by designing and deploying CI/CD pipelines, managing software releases, and optimizing and automating processes. The following subject areas belong to your range of tasks:
- Automation of CI/CD processes
- Maintain CI/CD tools and platforms
- Analyze and implement technical requirements, install and configure tools, perform script
maintenance and updates, deploy fixes and updates using automated deployment techniques
- Setup of the release management approach in collaboration with the software developers
- Support the development and testing teams in efficiently completing their activities
- Coding, (API) scripting and process re-engineering
- Manage and monitor cloud infrastructure, analyze and resolve issues
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to drive efficiencies
- Provide input for proposed solutions (including tools and estimates) in the pre-sales phase
- Working together with the development team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions
You have a degree, or a comparable education, in an Information Technology related topic, and have relevant professional experience in the field of Cloud and DevOps. You have up-to-date and sound technical knowledge of virtualization, container orchestration, CI/CD processes, scripting, databases, micro services and, in particular, current technical solutions relating to cloud computing and DevOps.
Furthermore, you bring the following with you:
- Expert knowledge in cloud and virtualization, e.g. VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc.
- Expert knowledge in automated and containerized cloud deployment techniques and networking protocols
- Sound experience in automating and optimizing processes
- Good knowledge of scripting/programming languages (bash, Python, Perl, PHP)
- Good knowledge of security best practices
- Good knowledge of web services, API and REST
- Knowledge of cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Problem-solving and improvement-oriented mindset
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The following qualifications and experience are considered beneficial:
- Commercial work experience and domain knowledge in the Space and/or Earth Observation domain, as well as in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Cloud-relevant vendor certifications
- Fluency in written and spoken German
- Object Oriented Programming
Was kann man von CGI erwarten
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.