Are you enthusiastic about the influence of information technology on operational processes and the creative use of new technologies in international payments/correspondent banking? Would you like to contribute your know-how to our strong international banking and payments community at CGI? Then join us on board!
In our teams we support our customers in the banking and payments environment on their journey to modern, future-oriented payment formats.
As a Senior Reliability Engineer within the banking sector, your focus is on the conception and analysis of payment formats. We expect strong communication skills, both written and oral. Experience in a global environment and in working with virtual teams is needed.
You should also bring the ability to work effectively and successfully in an organization at different levels and with technical and business stakeholders, as well as an expert level understanding of correspondent banking and domestic/cross-border payments.
Among other things, you will be responsible for determining requirements for the newly developed applications in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and for conducting requirements and process analyses to define tasks for the relevant product backlog.
You will be responsible for prioritizing, modeling and specifying as well as for documenting and managing the requirements. You will work proactively to develop suggestions for improvement and to align the solutions with the requirements specification.
You are committed to a very good cooperation with all parties to ensure a successful implementation. You are the central interface between the product owner and the development team to define and implement of innovative software.
You are responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation (e.g. user manual, programming guidelines) in several areas.
You are used to work independently and you should be able to recognize the needs of optimization within the Agile Scrum Team to participate in the implementation process (e.g. process optimization, cost saving measures).
Furthermore, it characterizes you:
You have a university degree (bachelor, master, diploma, doctorate) and at least 4/5 years of professional experience in banking, payments and consulting. In addition to technical know-how, you are characterized by social competence. You are able to listen actively and analyze customer requirements in a well-founded way. You are characterized by a convincing appearance, enjoy working in a team and are mentally flexible.
We are searching for a Senior Reliability Engineer who is responsible of the following tasks:
• Responsible for the system and release quality and ensuring the stability and performance of our payment applications
• Ensuring the reliability and maintainability of new and modified IT solutions
• Expansion of the "Continuous Integration & Continuous Development" processes and introduction of smaller, fast, regular release cycles
• IT support of low value payment applications and active development of solutions for automation, scaling, improvement of fault-tolerance, monitoring
• Reduction of financial losses caused by IT errors or high maintenance costs
• Evaluation and identification of risk minimization potentials in the various aspects of design, implementation, integration and infrastructure to achieve business goals
In the demanding payment environment, the engineer must be able to cope with distributed teams and program structures. Hence the person should have a senior appearance as well as in-depth SEPA, banking/payments experience and be assertive and resilient.
Your competencies include:
• Profound knowledge and practical experience in the following or similar technologies, platforms and tools: JSE, JMS, XML, JSON, Apache Camel, Drools, SpringBoot, Hazelcast, Docker, RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes, WebServices, Oracle, Maven, Git, Eclipse, Confluence and JIRA
• Experience with cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform Engine or Microsoft Azure
• Many years of practical experience in transforming applications into API-based IT services
• Certified site reliability engineer with relevant experience in agile organizations (SAFe/SCRUM/Kanban)
If you also have the following knowledge, this would be an advantage
• Experience in projects with agile working methodology
• Experience in projects with Scrum teams
• Intercultural experience