Are you enthusiastic about the influence of information technology on operational processes and the creative use of new technologies in international payments/correspondent banking? Would you like to contribute your know-how to our strong international banking and payments community at CGI? Then join us on board!
In our teams we support our customers in the banking and payments environment on their journey to modern, future-oriented payment formats.
As a Senior Test Engineer within the banking sector, your focus is on the conception and analysis of payment formats. We expect strong communication skills, both written and oral. Experience in a global environment and in working with virtual teams is needed.
You should also bring the ability to work effectively and successfully in an organization at different levels and with technical and business stakeholders, as well as an expert level understanding of correspondent banking and domestic/cross-border payments.
Among other things, you will be responsible for determining requirements for the newly developed applications in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and for conducting requirements and process analyses to define tasks for the relevant product backlog.
You will be responsible for prioritizing, modeling and specifying as well as for documenting and managing the requirements. You will work proactively to develop suggestions for improvement and to align the solutions with the requirements specification.
You are committed to a very good cooperation with all parties to ensure a successful implementation. You are the central interface between the product owner and the development team to define and implement of innovative software.
You are responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation (e.g. user manual, programming guidelines) in several areas.
You are used to work independently and you should be able to recognize the needs of optimization within the Agile Scrum Team to participate in the implementation process (e.g. process optimization, cost saving measures).
Furthermore, it characterizes you:
You have a university degree (bachelor, master, diploma, doctorate) and at least 5 years of professional experience in banking, payments and consulting. In addition to technical know-how, you are characterized by social competence. You are able to listen actively and analyze customer requirements in a well-founded way. You are characterized by a convincing appearance, enjoy working in a team and are mentally flexible.
We are searching for a Senior Test Engineer who is responsible of the following tasks:
• Responsible for software quality assurance throughout the delivery cycle including defects management
• Identify, track and own risks / issues relating to test deliveries and programme safety
• Work with BA/FA and Dev teams on building test cases
• Plan and implement full set of test automation activities: create, maintain and execute automated tests which cover functional, regression, load and stress testing.
• Develop and extend in-house testing automation tools and test frameworks
• Develop and coordinate end to end and industry/external facing integration; including scope, phases, automation and delivery priorities
• Define and implement quality service improvements in tangible, measurable way
• Work closely with agile delivery teams to extend best dev/test practices in SAFE environment
• Perform project/programme reporting in accurate and timely manner
• Vendor/3-rd party vendor management for assurance of software/quality delivery
In the demanding payment environment of the bank, the engineer must be able to cope with distributed teams and program structures. Hence the person should have a senior appearance as well as in-depth SEPA, banking/payments experience and be assertive and resilient.
Your competencies include:
• 5+ years in Software Development or Quality Assurance including demonstrable experience defining, coordinating and delivering large scale / multi-system programmes
• 2+ years of experience with test automation strategy definition, management and implementation
• 2+ years of experience delivering within in a Payment Processing environment
• 2+ years of ‘agile’ experience/understanding/mindset/tooling
• Strong technical background, including knowledge of Java programming language
• Functional testing and experience in Swift and ISO payments and protocols
• Experience in SEPA , HVP, LVP payments.
• Experience in Pain messages, MT103, MT202, MT320, MT330 and MT350 payments knowledge
• Experienced in testing interfaces
• Automation testing with Cucumber frameworks using either Selenium or RIT (Green Hat Tester)
• Knowledge of SQL and proficient in writing queries in oracle
• JIRA for scrum and defect management
• Messaging and streaming technology (MQ, JMS, Kafka …)
• Integration of automated tests into CI / CD pipeline “build/test/deploy" using Jenkins/TeamCity
• Source code control systems (SVN, GIT) knowledge
• Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
• Analytical skills to identify problems within complex environment
• Experience with Unix/Solaris
If you also have the following knowledge, this would be an advantage
• Experience in projects with agile working methodology
• Experience in projects with Scrum Teams
• Intercultural experience