The Manager of Local Financial Business Services team (FBS) leads specific functions in the local team to deliver standard general accounting support to the legal entities of the strategic business unit, both for management as well as statutory purposes. The Local FBS Manager is part of the global FBS management team, with responsibilities including delivery of accounting tasks, process optimization, local statutory and tax compliances, and depending on the location of the role, may also include member expense management which includes onsite travel/assignment advance management.
• Trusted advisor to the Controller of a specific business area and key member of the local finance team providing both strategic and tactical insight.
• Ensure timely monthly closure of books, accuracy and completeness of all asset and liability balance sheet accounts, in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP. Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• For some specific geographies: responsible for SOX testings and various payroll and indirect taxes accounting.
• Manage statutory audit with external auditors including obtaining corporate office approvals on statutory financial statements and GAAP reconciliation
• Ensure monthly compliance accounting, tax payments and filing of returns covering all jurisdictions under different statutes, including GST/VAT, customs, foreign indirect tax refund claims, GAAP financial statements and other local compliance requirements.
• Demonstrate technical accounting expertise and knowledge of accounting standards, both IFRS and local GAAP (HGB). Accounting and Tax compliance expert for legal entity of BU
• Continuous process improvement of Finance & Accounting services at best cost for CGI
• Manage and develop the local Finance team including the responsibility for recruitment, training, personal development coaching, objective setting and appraisals.
• Several years working experience in a complex high volume multi-site international services organization and in working with auditors and/or internal controls within a SOX control environment
• Experience in managing financial teams
• Proven experience in continuous process improvement in a finance environment
• Excellent knowledge of local GAAP (HGB) and IFRS and expert knowledge of local tax and legal compliance relevant to various locations
• Able to set up financial statement, and tax preparation & filing
• Knowledgeable in ERP systems
• MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Oracle finance applications knowledge is considered an asset
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Strong communicator
• Proficiency in English and German (written and spoken) is required