You will become part of a multinational team ensuring the system administration and software deployment for our Darmstadt office.
Applying your strong communication skills you will interact with several teams/projects applying software management principles for incident and problem management.
During your daily work you will create and administrate IT environments, focusing on secure infrastructure services. This also includes the integration of monitoring aspects for hardware and software, build and deployment services in various infrastructures, and integration services.
Furthermore your area of activities include the following tasks:
• Administration of basic UNIX/Linux systems
• Administration of basic Windows System
• Administration and troubleshooting of distributed systems
• Use of version control systems (such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase, git)
• Use of Linux and Unix operating systems
• Incident and problem management
You have a University degree or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline relevant to the job profile. You have experience in working in a project team in your area of expertise. Additional to the technical know-how you are characterized by your social competencies. You enjoy team-oriented work, bring excellent communication skills and an analytical mind. Working with complex systems sounds like a refreshing challenge to you.
Your competencies include:
• Use of Unix/Linux command line tools
• Knowledge of software build environments and tools (like Ant, Maven, autoconf/automake, make)
• Use of various software packaging formats (like RPM, PKG, LPP, tgz)
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, csh, Perl, Python)
• Use of networking, distributed applications, and TCP/IP services
• Familiarity of C/C++ and Java programming languages
• OS automated installation solutions: Linux AutoYast and Kickstart, Orcharhino (Foreman/Satellite) also using unattended, centralized software installation mechanisms (PXE/TFTP)
• Good IT system design skills
• Good experience in VMware virtualization
• Good knowledge and experience in security (principles/concepts, hardening techniques, secure architecture and protocols, penetration and vulnerability testing, tools…)
The following skills would be an advantage:
• Knowledge in Container technologies (Docker)
• Serena Dimensions CM
• MySQL and Oracle Databases
• Formalised Software Testing
• TCP/IP and related network protocols and applications, e.g. NIS, LDAP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, FTP, NTP, etc.
• High Availability software like RedHat HA Add-On, Veritas Cluster or any other