We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Financial Analyst to work in our Financial Services team in our Ottawa office. Our Financial Services business comprises over 16,000 people working across 5 continents.
SECURITY: CLEARANCE REQUIRED OR ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARANCE (Must be in Canada for minimum 5 years to be eligible)
NO REMOTE AFTER COVID
Complex Application Dev)
• Provides overall project leadership, guidance, and manages requirements and scope of the project
• Provides analysis of risks to program scope changes, managing scope closely
• Aligns project work efforts with program vision
• Initiates and influences relationships within and between key stakeholders and, more generally, with the organization’s functional areas
• Works closely with senior management, business leaders, procurement specialists, functional managers, and technical leaders to develop program strategy
• Undertakes creative strategies for program level contingency planning, issue resolution, and risk mitigation
• Reports status through a well-coordinated communication plan
• Develops project level performance metrics and dashboard.
• Facilitates the acquisition of resources for the proper execution of the program
• Responsible for leading the technical team
• Participate in change impact analysis and change management activities
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Closely manage project budget and timelines
• Develop project plans, prioritize and delegate work to achieve project objectives, assigning resources and ensuring the collaboration of other teams, as required
• Regularly report project progress to senior management and/or the sponsor/client
• Provide formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to assigned teams
• Conduct or oversee risk analysis to support management decision making
• Manage the scope of projects within program and complex interdependencies and ensure risk-management practices are in place
• Meet the project objectives within quality, time and budget targets and manage the associated risks
• Monitor project activities to ensure quality and adherence to project management methodology and implement corrective measures to address any significant variance
• Track, monitor and communicate project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes and milestones
• Work with colleagues and partners to solve significant problems and implement changes
• Develop and maintain effective and collaborative business relationships with stakeholders and business partners to understand client needs, and support effective resolution of client enquiries and concerns
• Participate in staffing and recruitment activities to ensure a high-quality project team
• Work with resource managers to identify appropriate resources and manage their integration into the teams
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• University degree in information technology, business administration or related field
• Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
• A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated experience managing relationships with multiple stakeholder at various levels in an organization
• Advanced knowledge of project life-cycle management
• Advanced knowledge of relevant project management principles, tools & techniques
• Solid understanding of IT service delivery and support processes
• Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and principles
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.