We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we're still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for an Oracle DBA to work for our clients in our Telecom Industry.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Daily monitoring of platform issues and appropriate action responding in the timely manner.
• Immediate notification on issues and appropriate escalation based on established SLA.
• Manage & monitor databases in production and other environments.
• Monitoring and management of highly available critical databases applications using OEM and AWR.
• Perform database space management, performance tuning and optimization of database design in a proactive manner.
• Participation in On-call rotation.
• Other similar duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• University degree in Engineering in a related field (Computer Science or IS/IT) or equivalent and minimum of 5 -7 years work experience;
• Oracle 11g/12c experience (Enterprise Edition) ;
• Oracle RAC and Exadata experience;
• Oracle Data Guard and Disaster Recovery;
• Analyze oracle AWR/ADDM/ASH reports (proactive troubleshooting) on a daily basis;
• Review SQL execution plans and Performance tuning;
• Experience in patching Exadata and non Exadata environments;
• Exposure to ZFS storage ;
• Experience with SQL Server 2005 – 2014 on windows;
• Experience with Unix /Linux environment;
• SQL , PL/SQL ,Unix Shell-Scripting experience is a necessity;
• Oracle SQL query optimization and performance tuning;
• Data warehouse and ODS background;
• Strong communication skills ;
• Proven success in handing conflicting demands and priorities effectively ;
• Proactive approach to resolving technical problems ;
• Ability to work under tight deadline and pressure;
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
• Oracle Certified 11 or 12c
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies
• Exposure to Informatica
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.