Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• SAP ABAP Consultant is accountable for development and ongoing maintenance/enhancements of business systems.
• Ability to analyze business requirements, review existing systems, define the solution, and translate that into detailed programming designs.
• Ability to take detailed programming designs and perform the development required to translate them into efficient and accurate code.
• Capable of effectively communicating with internal and external customers possessing various levels of technical knowledge. Ability to determine the underlying issue when presented with sometimes ambiguous and/or contradictory information; demonstrate good listening skills.
• Ability to quickly solve/determine problems working with technical/non-technical groups in areas that may not be primary area of expertise.
• Experience in S4/HANA, HANA Views
• Use service specific tools and procedures
• Identify opportunities to enhance existing business operations using new SAP functions
• Identify root causes and solution for recurrent problems
• Update and maintain documentation and knowledge database
• Create detailed technical specifications
• Work with other IT personnel on any configuration change affecting areas outside of SAP's ABAP and perform rigorous testing
• Identify and propose processes for RPA implementation
• Available to punctual travels when needed
• Compliant with agile methodologies
• Train and spread the knowledge through the global team
• Serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes & procedures associated with all SAP ABAP
• Will to develop new competences and continuous improvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of ABAP experience
• Must have good experience on Reports, BADIs, module pools, odata service, cds/amdp views, webdynpro , proxies sieves, idocs, abap oops.
• Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle and system implementation methodologies
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Good analytical, logical problem solving skills with the ability to understand new tasks quickly
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of Fiori, UI5 is a plus
• Knowledge in SAP S4 HANA applications, Hana Views
• Experience in application maintenance services is a plus
• Experience working with on/off shore team
• Open to work with different cultures and mind sets
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills both technical and user focused.
- SAP ABAP
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.